Since September 10th 2007 the Centre for Foreign Language Teaching recognises grades on external language certificates exams as equivalents to those obtained on internal exams (Annex to the Ordinance No 59 of 1 December 2014].
Grades from external certificates are entered into the USOS system under the tab „DECISIONS”
- UW students who hold a language certificate included in the list of accepted certificates are exempt from taking the UW certification exam,
- UW doctoral candidates who hold a certificate at the C1 level or higher which is included in the above list are exempt from taking the UW certification exam,
- Students of part-time extramural studies who hold a language certificate mentioned in the Ordinance No 59 of 1 December 2014 are exempt from the obligation to take a course of the language which they hold the certificate. However, they can still take part in a language course of another language offered by the USLP for the language course tokens they have,
- Fulfilling the requirements to pass a foreign language exam by presenting a language certificate gives the students 2 ECTS points, the same amount as for a UW examination,
- Based on the Ordinance No 4 of the UW Rector of 18 January 2012, students of philological, linguistic and cultural studies can earn a grade on a basis of an external language certifcate in case of a language other than the main language of their studies